March 02, 2015

Hippodroom restaurant Antwerp

 Quite unexpectedly, showing an out of town visitor around,  we ended up at restaurant "Hippodroom" located in the trendy "Zuid" area of Antwerp at the Leopold De Waelsquare.  The Royal Museum of Fine Arts, across the street,  is closed for extensive renovation until 2017.
I thoroughly enjoyed the evening,  the friendly reception at the Hippodroom, the food, wine, ambiance...  I recommend that you put this restaurant on your list for your next visit to Antwerp and hope to be back myself very soon. 
http://www.hippodroom.be

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation.
    I'm glad you had a wonderful restaurant experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are such a dreamer! My next trip to Antwerp. . .wish it were so!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. daar kom ik wel eens in de buurt..

    dus wie weet..

    groeten

    ReplyDelete
  4. je moet het wel van mond op mond reclame hebben natuurlijk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Le genre d'endroit où commander un beefsteack de cheval serait de mauvais gout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lijkt me een heerlijke plek om te vertoeven met een glaasje wijn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip! I'm planning my next trip to Antwerp, this time with my husband. May not be until next spring, but until them I'm gathering hints for places to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a really nice place.

    ReplyDelete