February 02, 2014

Brasserie de la Paix in Anderlecht



I did it again! 
I was on the road without my camera!
I thought I would concentrate on dinner and conversation instead of looking around for photo ops.  At the sight of the reflection of the light fixture in the window of Brasserie de la Paix, however, I couldn't help myself and pulled out my telephone for the shot at the top.
Colleague blogger, Filip, describes this restaurant as the meat temple. Indeed, it is located right in front of the Slaughterhouse (L'abattoir) d'Anderlecht, where local butchers and restaurant cooks select the best and freshest cuts in the early mornings. 
The restaurant has a Michelin star.  Its personnel are capable, low key and friendly. They make you feel very much at home in a typically Brussels way of conviviality!
I guess meat lovers go there but, as Filip says and shows (he posted mouthwatering pictures of the degustation menu), if you are a bit more adventurous, you are up for a treat and will be surprised.
http://filipdemuinck-kristelpardon.blogspot.be/2013/02/restaurant-brasserie-la-paix-meat.html http://www.lapaix1892.com/

10 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like a great place to eat!! Hope you've had a great weekend, Steffi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anderlecht est plus connu, en France, pour son équipe de foot que pour ses restaurants. A Paris aussi les restaurants de viande font face aux anciens abattoirs de la Vilette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Anni,
    De tegenhanger van "Gallagher's" in New York :-)
    Vroeger was het gewoon een café waar de veekoopmannen samen een biefstuk gingen eten na hun zaken op de veemarkt.
    Prettige week,
    Frans

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when I forget my camera. Thank goodness for phones. Sounds like a great place to dine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looked up the link to the menu...absolutely super!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ik hoop je hebt genoten. Zonder camera onderweg, moet ik niet aan denken, ik kan namelijk met mijn telefoon (ouderwets Nokia) geen foto's maken. Lieve groet, Dietmut

    ReplyDelete
  7. That certainly sounds like a top place to visit for a good meal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great pics nevertheless. especially the frist one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. jij weet je plekjes te kiezen Anni

    mooie foto's zelfs met je smartphone

    groeten

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ogni volta che passo da te, mi viene voglia di visitare il Belgio, ma i miei quattro gatti non sono molto d'accordo (lol). Ciao Anni e buona settimana.

    ReplyDelete